You guys. Hello. I promise that this blog will eventually contain content other than the occasional weekend recap. But maybe not until we’ve finalized all the details for Holiday at work. I hope all has been well with everyone. Did you have a good weekend? Any fun fall plans coming up?
Well, seems I’ve a little short of my two-posts-per-week goal here lately! Apologies (and thank yous) to the 5-7 people who read the blog regularly – I do enjoy going on about myself in this little corner of the Internet, but it’s been an unexpectedly crazy few weeks at work. I spent a good chunk of that time not knowing whether I was on the verge of tears or maniacal laughter, but have since realized with help from both Adam and my wise mother that not allowing work to control 95% of my thoughts (the other 5% going to food, obviously) would be good for my mental health.
So, to focus on other things, here are a few photos from this weekend… (how’s that for a smooth segue?)
Good morning! How was your weekend? I didn’t get up to much – it rained buckets here, which was more than the excuse I needed to spend my Saturday and Sunday reading and watching the Olympics. Hopefully this will break the humidity we’ve been experiencing – I got out of my car at work on Thursday to the air pressing in on me and a million cicadas buzzing in the tall trees that surround our campus, and it felt like the apocalypse was coming.
Anyway, today I’m sharing a quick review of the Tresemme Beauty Full Volume Reverse System shampoo and conditioner. The goal of reverse washing, or using conditioner on your hair before shampoo, is to increase volume while keeping strands healthy and smooth. There are other, more expensive systems on the market, but Tresemme’s is the only drugstore version I know of.
Good morning and happy Friday! Today, at long last, I present to you Friday Favorites #5. A version has been saved in my drafts since July 14th, so I figured now would be a good time to clean it up and publish it.
Good morning and welcome to the new-and-improved-but-not-yet-looking-like-it blog! I’ve been making some behind-the-scenes updates that will give me more flexibility and control over the site in the long run, but it’s been more of a process than I anticipated. I promise I’ll be finished and also back to posting content other than quick weekend recaps soon. But first…
Happy Thursday! I hope everyone’s surviving the heat. They keep it nice and frigid in our office, so there’s approximately a fifty-degree temperature difference between my desk and the other side of the door I set ten yards from.
Anyway, boring complaint over. Do you guys use sea salt sprays in the summer? I try to straighten my hair less often in this kind of humidity, and recently I’ve replaced some of the gels I previously used to wear my hair curly with these sprays.
Good morning! I hope you had a nice weekend. Sorry things look a little weird around here at the moment – I’m in the process of switching from WordPress hosting to self-hosting the blog, and apparently WordPress either can’t or won’t transfer your files if you use a premium theme. Which doesn’t make sense, but I had to switch to a free theme (which I basically chose at random) on Saturday to start the process. Anyway, I still felt like rambling on about myself today, so here are some photos from a low-key weekend in Columbus.
Hello, hello! How was your weekend? Mine was full of various errands and a little soccer (literally a little, because my team in a tournament at work lost our first two games in a double-elimination setup. But I at least “forgot” to put sunscreen on my face, so I got some color).
Today, since I mostly review newer beauty/skincare/hair products on the blog, I thought it would be fun to share the ones I’ve used for years and keep returning to even as others come and go. Also, I have spent a lot of time hunched over my monitor at work like a gremlin as of late, and nothing particularly unique came to mind for this post.
Well, good morning. Let’s continue on with my recent confessions, shall we?
- I spilled a little chunk of brownie and ice cream from a Dairy Queen Blizzard on the center console of my car last week and haven’t cleaned it up yet.
Until this weekend, I hadn’t grocery shopped properly for at least a month. Just didn’t feel like it. Nothing sounded good except ice cream. When I had other things to pick up at Target, I would throw some random food items along with coffee grounds and 25-calorie hot chocolate packets (the essentials) into my cart and eat those.
I finally snapped out of it on Saturday and decided to make a meal plan for this week, which I’m sharing today. The shopping list and portion sizes are for one, with the exception of the yellow cake baked oatmeal which serves 10. You can eat this “oatmeal” at any time of day and pretend it’s healthy, so it’s nice to have on hand.