These flavorful, juicy baked chicken tenders come together in less than thirty minutes and would make a great foundation for any meal!
So, fun fact before I move on to today’s recipe. Did you know that retailers can’t use any sort of language that indicates perfection in their stores (or on their websites) in China? Like, it’s illegal. I have no idea why, but at work we always had to make sure none of our marketing included the word ‘perfect.’ Pick Your Perfect Pair denim campaign, back-to-school 2015? Not happening, throw all the freshly printed marketing right into the trash. Good times. I actually hesitated before publishing this post with its current title, but then remembered I obviously have nothing to worry about.
You may be wondering how I can describe a recipe I developed as perfect, which is fair. I burn toast often. But I think these chicken tenders are pretty darn good. I started with this recipe, adjusted the seasonings a bit, and then cooked them in the oven because Satan himself operates my electric stove on exactly two settings: High and Basically Off. Using the oven means the breading still gets crispy, but you don’t risk burning the outside of the chicken before it cooks through.
I’ve read that chicken turns out juiciest when cooked at a high temperature for a relatively short time, and that held true here. From start to finish, this recipe only takes about thirty minutes! I hope you enjoy.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup plain panko breadcrumbs
- Heaping spoonful grated Parmesan
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp Borsari Citrus seasoning (you can find Borsari at Whole Foods or on Amazon, or make your own using salt, garlic powder, basil, rosemary, more lemon zest, and nutmeg)
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cover a cookie sheet with foil for easier cleanup and coat with cooking spray.
- Pour some flour into a shallow dish – start with about 1/2 cup and add more later if necessary.
- Beat the eggs in a second dish.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan, black pepper, lemon zest, and Borsari seasoning in a third dish or on a plate.
- One by one, coat the tenders in flour, dip into the eggs, and roll in the breadcrumb mixture until fully covered. Lay on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Serve the chicken tenders with steamed veggies, baked sweet potato fries, a salad – anything you’d like. Have a great weekend xx